|Seismic & Environmental Technician
Venus Bass is a Montserratian and has been working at the MVO since April of 1996. During this long tenure Venus has gained a vast wealth of knowledge in Seismology and with using Seisan and Earthworm Software, by working with a number of seismologists from around the world. She has also attended different courses and workshops in seismology and volcanology. Venus attended a six weeks CSAV program in Hawaii where she got practical and theoretical training in the different techniques used in volcano monitoring. She attended a course in Earthworm Software in New York, and also attended a Seisan Course in Norway. She also did short courses at SRC in Trinidad and at the Guadeloupe Observatory. Venus is also the Environmental Technician at the MVO and was involved with assisting scientists from SRC with the setting up and completion of an SO2 tubes network in St Lucia in 2014-2015.
Responsibilities at MVO
- Collect, process, analyse and interpret the seismic data.
- Liaison with the Seismologist or Director on any significant changes in the seismic
- Communicate with regional and international agencies regarding regional and seismic
- Assist in manning the Operations Room to ensure the safety of all field teams.
- Collect, process, interpret and reporting of the SO2 tubes data.
- Assist in the preparation of MVO and SAC reports and bulletins.