|Research Fellow, Volcano-Seismology
Dr. Adam Stinton
B.Sc. (Hons) Environmental Geology (Pymouth 1999), M.S. Geology (Buffalo 2003), Ph.D. Geology (Buffalo 2007)
Tel. +1 664 495 2028
Adam graduated from the University at Buffalo with a PhD in Physical Volcanology in 2007. Following a short stint with a grassroots geoconservation group in the UK, Adam has been working at MVO since July 2009.
Responsibilities at MVO
- Dome and deposit surveying, deposit mapping and sampling.
- Maintenance and development of the dome volume monitoring programme towards the long-term goal of routine processing of dome volumes and creation of deposit maps.
- Undertaking volcanological and geological work of a more general nature, as a contribution to the MVO’s overall monitoring programme.
- Behaviour and hazards of pyroclastic density currents and explosive activity.
- Morphological evolution of active lava domes.
- Application of ground-based, aerial and satellite imagery for monitoring volcanic activity.
- Volcanic history of Montserrat and the evolution of the NE Lesser Antilles.